BUYING REAL ESTATE LISTED FOR SALE
Do your homework.
We do our best to provide adequate pictures and descriptions online, however, inspecting real estate in person is the best form of due diligence.
Inspecting the property.
- Whether ranchland or a home, there are times we will schedule an open house or property showing. This is a great time to inspect the property and get your questions answered.
- If you missed an open house or there is not one scheduled, contact us at 405-663-2200. We will make arrangements for you to see the property.
Making an Offer.
- Once evaluating the property and speaking with your lender, it’s time to make an offer!
- Offers made on listed properties generally have some contingencies such as subject to adequate appraisal, inspections or the buyer being approved for financing.
- We present the offer to the sellers to review.
- After evaluating the offer, the seller will accept it and we will proceed with writing a purchase contract OR the seller will decline the offer. If the offer is declined, the seller might make a counteroffer. Once there have been negotiations and if terms are agreed upon, we will proceed with writing a purchase contract.
Between signing the contract and closing.
- This is the time any inspections of the property or terms of the contract are exercised. This might include home inspection, survey, appraisal, etc.
- There is a timeframe these items along with other items, such as title work, must be completed. It is our job to make sure things stay on track.
Real Estate Closings.
- Closing on the property typically takes place within 45-60 days from when the purchase contract is signed.
- The Closing Agent will conduct the closing, file all necessary paperwork, along with the deed, mortgages as well as make payment to the seller.
- Whether it is your first time to purchase real estate or not, we are here to answer your questions.